Provide our members and the community with quality project management content and professional development training in order to enhance their professional toolkit, assist in personal growth and help prepare and qualify for attainment of project management related credentials so that they can further excel in their careers.
|Svetlana Veprinsky||Sponsoring Professional Development Board Member|
|John Virkler||VP of Education|
|Loretta Foley||Committee Member|
|Linda Benedict||Committee Member|
|Qi Cheng||Committee Member|
|Allison Rose||Committee Member|
|Denise Beauprey||Committee Member|
|Sundar Varadarajan||Committee Member|
|Vijay Murthy||VP of Special Events|
|Elizabeth Gonzalez de Izarra||Committee Member|
In 1984, the Project Management Institute (PMI) implemented the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Program. Certification provides those working in the project management field with a structured method to aid professional development. Benefits of certification are enhancement of knowledge, skills, and visibility as a project management professional. Certification is conferred after successfully completing an application and examination process.
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today's economic climate.
The SNEC Continuing Education Committee offers programs and courses that help our members attain academic credentials and fulfill their continuing education needs. The committee plans and executes all activities that offer education, training, and resources in basic and advanced project management, tool training, as well as soft skills and methodology training and awareness.
The SNEC Continuing Education Committee offers educational training in the following areas:
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Introduction to Agile
- PMP Exam Preparation
- Scrum Master Certification
About our Classes:
- Regions to Offer: Hartford County, New Haven County, Fairfield County
- Facility: The courses are offered in the following locations: UCONN, Farmington, CT; Fairfield University in Fairfield CT, Post University in Waterbury. Other venues are under consideration.
- Registration / Payment process: Registration will be done utilizing the SNEC website registration system according to the posted timelines. Last minute registrations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis depending on class size.
- Instructors: Single or multiple instructors per course will be decided by the committee on a session by session basis.
- Materials: We provide SNEC training material binders. For our PMP Exam Preparation course, students will receive: 1) PMBOK, 6th Edition, 2) SNEC training material binder, 3) Rita Mulcahy's PMP® Exam Prep - 9th Edition and 4) Pre-course baseline test
- PMP Preparation course: 35 hours. A SNEC PDU certificate will be awarded to all students that fulfill the 35-hour requirement.
- CSM: 15 hours/PDUs
- Introduction to Agile: 8 hours/PDUs
- DevOps: 4 hours/PDUs