Provide our members and the community with quality project management tools and training to: enhance their knowledge, assist in their personal growth and, help qualify and prepare them for project management certifications so that they can succeed in their careers.
|Neil Weiss||Sponsoring Professional Development Board Member|
|Vijay Murthy||Committee Member|
|Loretta Foley||Committee Member|
|Linda Benedict||Committee Member|
|Adam Guinn||Committee Member|
|Dan Wu-Linhares||Committee Member|
|Carla Zaratzian||Committee Member|
In 1984, the Project Management Institute (PMI) implemented the Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Program. Certification provides those working in the project management field with a structured method to aid professional development. Benefits of certification are enhancement of knowledge, skills, and visibility as a project management professional. Certification is conferred after successfully completing an application and examination process.
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today's economic climate.
The SNEC Continuing Education Committee offers programs and courses that help our members attain academic credentials and fulfill their continuing education needs. The committee plans and executes all activities that offer education, training, and resources in basic and advanced project management, tool training, as well as soft skills and methodology training and awareness.
The SNEC Continuing Education Committee offers educational training in the following areas:
Basic Project Management
- Fundamentals of Project Management (PM 101)
- Project management Tools - MS Project Certification
- PMBOK Series:
- Integration Procurement Management
- Risk Management
Project Management Certification Training
- PMP Exam Preparation
Other Certification Training
- Scrum Master Certification
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Risk Management (PMI-RMP)
About our Classes:
- Regions to Offer: Hartford County, New Haven County, and Fairfield County
- Facility: The courses are offered in the following locations: Central Connecticut State University in New Britain CT, and Fairfield University in Fairfield CT. Other venues are under consideration.
- Registration / Payment process: Registration will be done utilizing the SNEC website registration system. Last minute registrations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis depending on class size.
- Instructors: Single or multiple instructors per course will be decided by the committee on a session by session basis.
- Materials: We provide SNEC training material binders. For our PMP Exam Preparation course, students will receive: 1) PMBOK, 5th Edition, 2) SNEC training material binder, 3) Rita Mulcahy's PMP® Exam Prep - 8th Edition and 4) Pre-course baseline test
- Contact Hours:
- PMP Preparation course: 35 hours. A SNEC PDU certificate will be awarded to all students that fulfill the 35-hour requirement.
- PMBOK series: 4 hours/PDUs
- Basic PM: 8 hours/PDUs
- CSM: 16 hours/PDUs
- MS Project: 21 hours/PDUs
- PMI-RMP: 14 hours/PDUs
- PMI-ACP: 21 hours/PDUs