SNEC-PMI SPECIAL EVENT
Agile Project Management with Scrum
President of Sapir Consulting
Earn 7 PDUs
PMI TALENT TRIANGLE: 3.5 for Technical (PMP, PgmP, & ACP), and 3.5 for Leadership
Monday, July 25, 2016
7:45 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Event
Sheraton Springfield Monarch Place Hotel
1 Monarch Place
Springfield, MA 01144
$350 per person for SNEC-PMI Members / $400 per person for Non-SNEC Members*
CORPORATE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR 10 OR MORE REGISTRATIONS
Early Bird Discount - Save $50 if you Register by July 10th
$300 for SNEC-PMI Members/ $350 for Non-SNEC Members*
Cost includes all day session, breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages, plus parking at specified locations
* If you belong to another PMI chapter, and are in good standing, you may pay the member price. Please contact the PM of the event for the discount code.
Registration for this Special Event is open!
Registration deadline: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at Midnight
This exciting and practical training will provide you a broad understanding of Agile and Scrum. During the workshop we learn how to manage and execute Scrum processes within real-world project environments. We will walk you through a hands-on simulation of a complete scrum project, from start to finish. It is designed for all personnel who will be involved in the Agile Scrum process, including Project Managers, Product Owners, Program Managers, PMO Directors, Software developers, executives and QA.
Who Should Attend
Among those who would benefit from this workshop are:
- Individuals wishing to learn more about the latest in project management and how to apply it to their work environments;
- Project Managers, Product Owners, Program Managers, PMO Directors and staff who manage projects and processes;
- Software development, QA, and Product Management personnel who will do the hands-on work in a Scrum process;
- Executives interested in integrating Agile Scrum processes with the business to improve product development.
What You Will Learn
You will learn how to
- Clarify benefits of Agile and Scrum
- Define an Agile Scrum process
- Detail the Scrum roles, ceremonies and artifacts
- Identify the requirements for making Scrum work
- Estimate using story points
- Facilitate an effective retrospective
- Create a product using the Agile Scrum process
Speaker Background Information
Michael Nir is President of Sapir Consulting and has been providing operational, organization, and management consulting and training for over 15 years. He is passionate about Gestalt theory and practice, which complements his engineering background and contributes to his understanding of individual and team dynamics in business. Michael authored 8 bestsellers in the fields of influencing, Agile, teams, Leadership and others. Michael's experience includes significant expertise in the telecoms, hi-tech, software development, R& D environments and petrochemical and infrastructure industries. He develops creative and innovative solutions in project and product management, process improvement, leadership, and team building programs. Michael's professional background is analytical and technical; however, he has a keen interest in human interactions and behaviors. He holds two engineering degrees from the prestigious Technion Institute of Technology: a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and Masters of Industrial Engineering. He has balanced his technical side with the extensive study and practice of Gestalt Therapy and "Instrumental Enrichment," a philosophy of mediated learning. In his consulting and training engagements, Michael combines both the analytical and technical world with his focus on people, delivering unique and meaningful solutions, and addressing whole systems.
Driving Directions and Paid Parking Instructions:
From Bradley International Airport/New York (South):
- Take Route 91 North to Exit 6 (Springfield Center).
- Continue on Columbus Avenue to the 4th light.
- Turn right onto Boland Way.
- The hotel will be on the right.
- From Massachusetts Turnpike (Rt.90) West, take Exit #6 to Interstate I-291 West.
- Continue to I-91 South to Exit #6 Union Street.
- At light, take left onto Union St.
- At the next light, turn left onto East Columbus Ave.
- Go through two sets of lights and at the third light, turn right onto Boland Way.
- The hotel is on the right.
- Take Massachusetts Turnpike Interstate 90 East to Exit #4 (onto I-91 South).
- Proceed approximately 6 miles and take Exit #7, Hall of Fame Avenue, Downtown Springfield.
- Turn left at the traffic light and travel straight through the next light.
- The hotel will be on the right.
- Take Interstate 91 South.
- Take Exit #7, Hall of Fame Avenue, Downtown Springfield.
- After the exit, turn left at the traffic light.
- Go straight through the next light and the hotel is on the right.
Please note, we will not be able to validate parking in the Marriott Garage.
There are three options for paid parking: Sheraton Garage, 91 South Garage or the 91 North Garage.
If you park in the Sheraton Garage, you will receive a ticket. If you park in 91 North or 91 South, you will receive a coin. You will need to bring either the ticket or the coin to the meeting and have it validated.
EVENT CANCELLATION POLICY: In the event that inclement weather is forecast for the day of the event, a cancellation decision will be made by 5:00 AM that day. If the event is canceled, registered participants will be notified of the cancellation via an email broadcast. We will also endeavor to get meeting cancellation notices broadcast by local media. Notification of the re-scheduled event or refund will also be communicated via an email broadcast.
Recording Notice: When you enter the SNEC-PMI event, you will be entering an area where photography, video and audio recording may occur. SNEC-PMI takes photographs and/or makes audio and/or video recordings of people involved in chapter activities and/or events. SNEC-PMI staff may use such photographs or video records to recall activities or participants. In addition, such photographs and audio/visual recordings may be used in SNEC-PMI' publications, advertising materials to let others know of our event. In addition, local news organizations may hear of our activities or events and SNEC-PMI may allow them to record our events for news reporting on special interest features.
By entering the SNEC-PMI event premises, you consent to: photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for live streaming, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, and/or any other purpose by SNEC-PMI. You release SNEC-PMI from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, and/or publication of photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings.
By entering the SNEC-PMI event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by SNEC-PMI or the person or entity designated to do so by SNEC-PMI. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.